Seth and I want to accomplish something big, something that not many people can claim they’ve done. And thus, we’ve challenged ourselves to:
30 before 30
Seth and I plan to travel to 30 countries before we turn 30 years old (we’ll set a deadline of Amanda’s 30th birthday, to give us a bit more time), which gives us until February 2025.
This blog will explore everything that goes into tackling this challenge. We’ll delve into topics such as:
- Ideas for making money on the side
- Tips for cheap travel
- Strategies for saving money in your every day life
- Travel inspiration and motivation
- Accounts of each of our trips
- Our research tactics in planning each trip
- And whatever else comes up along the way!
We want this site to be both a source of motivation and education. We want to show that anyone is capable of traveling the world and exactly how we go about doing it.
We have set a few rules for ourselves on the way through this challenge:
- Previous countries that we visited count toward our personal total country count
- We must stay at least 24 hours in the country for it to count
- We must eat at least one local food in each country
- We must try one new thing in each country
- Territories do not count toward the country count
- The USA does not count toward the country count